Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Betwixt Inspiration, Part One...

I love designing the Betwixt jewelry using intense color combinations, texture, and imagery. What I imagine is who would wear each piece, where, and with what blank canvas of clothing. I picture friends in stripey dresses going to casual dinner parties in summer, Atlantic Oceanside dwelling women wearing drapey pieces and bright earrings with chunky rings...
Right now I am working on my summer collection for New England. When I say summer, it really just refers to the time I will be selling these pieces. I decided a while ago to stop even trying to work on fall and winter colors because even though I love a chunky knit and a zippy corduroy, I am really only inspired by color and the idea of my designs being worn in sunshine, or helping someone bring in a little sunshine on a cloudy day.
Here's a little sample of what's to come! I will be posting more pieces in The Boxwood Cottage Etsy shop (see link at the right) by the end of the week, or you can pop in to our store in Beaufort and visit everything in person before it all makes its way to the Northeast.


No comments:

Post a Comment