Friday, November 22, 2013

Fur for the Brrrr

Oh fur...where for art thou?  I love some fur at this time of the year.  It's really one of the main statements that gets me through these short and windy days.  Faux or real, shearling or mink, vest, coat, snood or muffs...sign me up. 

Here are a few of my favorite street style fur statements. 

Classic fur style with aviators, gray sweater, and cute hat. 


Gypset fur combo.  Love the over the top luxe gold chain on the hat. 


You can never have too many layers.  And if you think you do, justify it by adding one more on purpose: a fur or fluff of some proportion. 


Olivia Palermo getting sassy with one of her favorite fur pieces. It's a faux vest with knitted arms.  Cozy. 


Same fur, different day.  Love the colorful scarf. 


OP in another lovely fur, but for evening.  It's hard to tell if these are real or faux.  The faux are so nicely made these days.


Yes, another Olivia.  But I could not resist since this one has TOGGLES.  I LOVE a vest that buttons. 


There's something that seems not quite cozy with a bare arm and a fur, but I do love the way it looks.  Style need not make sense, it only needs to feel good to the wearer. 
P.S. The patch pockets in a different color are wonderful.


Cozy fur loop. 


Ok, buckles on fur now trumps buttons and toggles.  This is perfection, and it is long and has patch pockets.  I can't.  Uber luxe with the bare leg/arm and sandal.  Go Rosie (or go Rosie's stylist?). 


This insane blue vest/jacket really takes these LA looking layers to another level.


Good texture and proportions.  Great clog, too. 


Need I say more? 


These chubby luxe vests make me want one too.  Personally I have no shortage of fur vests, so I cannot justify anything unless one were to fall in my lap... It's been known to happen.


Taking an eye break from fur fashion overload.  Don't forget to toss a few sheepskins on your indoor and outdoor furniture this season.  I may have been in Ikea in the past trying to figure out how to fasten these skins into a garment.  I would cover my house in these if I could.  Sheepskin Cottage. 


She is just too excellent.  This is what I wanted to wear circa forever, I just couldn't articulate it until now.  Marant boots, asymmetrical tissue thin black shearling, skinny leathery leggings... perfection en noir. 


Texture + print = stunning.  I cannot get over how much I love a fur vest.  It could be my favorite garment of all time.  Although I do love a tall boot...


She is refusing to give up the fur for Spring.  And I like it.  Who cares what people think?  Someone liked it as much as she did to capture this moment and outfit in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment