Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gratitude

The truth is that I've never been a huge fan of Thanksgiving. My BFF and I eventually referred to it as "the brown holiday".

My indifference wasn't about familial logistics, it was about the food. Well, that's not entirely true. My grandfather made the best mashed potatoes in the entire world, and I have been seeking their equal since age 12.

I think my issue with the holiday is the ridiculously early time that dinner is served. Were we afraid of snow in the darkness leading us back home through the woods and over the river? I'm not sure why we need to starve ourselves all day and then eat at 3 o'clock.

Regardless of my confusion about Thanksgiving's modern day quirks, as an adult I appreciate the reason for the holiday. Preferably I would live my life like this daily, this will be my goal for the coming year (and beyond!). I have oodles of people and animals, circumstances, talents, nature, and life to be thankful for - more than will fit into one afternoon or blog post. I hope you find yourselves of the same heart and mind today and everyday.

True happiness comes from living a life of gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment